It is currently September 21st, 2014, 2:00 am

How to Restore Vertical Blinds ?

Ask questions about Blinds; comparable motors; installation and programming; remotes/controls & accessories.

How to Restore Vertical Blinds ?

Postby dreamblinduk on May 3rd, 2012, 3:21 am

Vertical blinds are exactly what their name implies, a blind that is designed as a vertical product and somehow functions in this manner. Vertical blinds should perform as designed, in other words, they should traverse from side to side, rotate open and close and look as pleasing as they did when they were new when the vanes, either fabric or pvc, were shiny and clean and the components function properly in order to provide all the benefits they were designed to do. And one more thing of great importance - has the vertical blind remained properly installed?

Wooden Blinds
Vertical Blinds
dreamblinduk

Re: How to Restore Vertical Blinds ?

Postby onlineblindsuk on July 19th, 2012, 10:17 am

Vertical blinds are exactly what their name implies, a blind that is designed as a vertical product and somehow functions in this manner. Vertical blinds should perform as designed, in other words, they should traverse from side to side, rotate open and close and look as pleasing as they did when they were new when the vanes, either fabric or pvc, were shiny and clean and the components function properly in order to provide all the benefits they were designed to do.
onlineblindsuk

Postby sheilmolson on July 21st, 2012, 9:38 am

As the name implies vertical blinds are used to cover the window and they should work according to their function like rotating, open and close, and should look pleasing. There are different types of vertical blinds available in the market today. Mostly thick fabric blinds are available in the market. If the blinds are not working properly then the blinds should be repaired like dusting, or checking the rope. As there is no place horizontally there is possibility of entering lot of dust.
sheilmolson

Postby Thomasjacob on December 5th, 2012, 9:37 am

i thought you must seek professional help. I recently got vertical blinds installed in my home by tbs gallery.I am sure they can help you out.
Thomasjacob

Postby MarkHeris on June 14th, 2013, 11:40 am

Hire a window treatments company that's the best way to restore vertical window blinds at home as well as window shutters. You can easily get installed a vertical blinds at home in affordable way through hiring professionals for that services.
MarkHeris

Postby allanbrein on March 31st, 2014, 6:55 am

Fabric are easy to fix, clean and even restore unlike for the standard vinyl blinds like Venetians. If you referring to vinyl type that is vertical nor horizontal form, restoring will not that be easy. For me, even cleaning up our window blinds I am not detaching them piece by piece but instead remove it in whole and have it soak with in a wide container full of liquid soap and some cleaning solutions.
allanbrein

Postby blindexpress on May 20th, 2014, 3:02 pm

To fix vertical blinds that won’t rotate: First inspect the mechanism in the track to see if there is anything preventing the blinds from turning. Look for obvious things that may jam up the mechanism from turning. If everything looks normal, spray some lubricating spray (such as WD-40) where the twister rod is connected for rotating the blinds. Spray a very small amount while turning the rod. Spraying with lubricant will loosen and lubricate the turning mechanism and open the blinds. You can also spray some on the roller on the other end of the blinds and in the track itself. Once you finish spraying, turn the twist rod back and forth and pull the string to make sure everything has freed up.
blindexpress

Postby henrynewman on July 19th, 2014, 5:08 am

It is like a puzzle when you are repairing blinds, specially the venetian type. That is the reason why I have used rolled blinds instead and some traditional type of door and window, see here for sample.
henrynewman

Return to Blinds